|NO||9||DATE||Aug. 18. 2010||HIT||3909|
|TITLE||Volume No. 9|
l M3 Case Study
Swedish Taxi is carrying M3 Mobile Computer for taxi dispatching service.
Easiness, Ruggedness and Reliability of M3 solutions have offered.
TAXIsystem located in Sweden has provided 1,000pcs of M3 Mobile Computers to Swedish Taxies since 2006.
The vision of TAXIsystem is to be the best friend of the taxi companies from the driver seat to the office by offering the smartest services packaged and sold in a way and at a price everyone can afford, and they achieved their goal with M3 Mobile Computer.
The service using M3 Mobile Computer
TAXIsystem service is delivered as a hosted solution including support, upgrades, backup, map data, address data. The taxi owned company can focus on attracting customers and drivers and TAXIsystem focuses on delivering the technical infrastructure.
▷ Automatic closest vehicle dispatching and zone verification dispatching using GPS
▷ Automatic vehicle location using GPS technology and inform a taxi of order number and customer location using GPRS
▷ Automated Customer Callout features by distributing Queue numbers automatically according to pre-set schedule by a taxi driver for registered customers
▷ The old wireless system had the problem of noise and errors in order, and M3 Mobile Computer settled the complaint of the customers against a long waiting time for the taxi.
▷ A taxi driver should stand by with a wireless set in a taxi before, but became possible to respond to the order outside a taxi with M3 Mobile Computer.
The Problems of consumer PDAs
- Limit using serial interface for connecting with a credit card reader, printer or meter.
- Easy to break when the vehicle bumps or the driver drops it
- The OS was frequently down
M3 offered M3 solutions : easiness, ruggedness and reliability to solve the problems.
Thus, the driver can use serial interface with easy, relieve even if dropping the terminal and satisfy with the stable system of M3 handheld mobile computer.
l M3 Products
l Technical Issue: Troubleshooting
Scan button is not working in ScanEmul
Scan key does not work (remote desktop)
1. WLAN must be connected to an AP properly.
2. Check if you can browse a website (e.g. www.google.com).
Remote Desktop and configure as below.
Make sure ScanEmul.exe is located in the path.
4. Close the option window and enter IP address that you wish to access.
5. Click connect button and enter appropriate ID and PW to connect to remote desktop.
Perform scan test after opening notepad or wordpad from remote desktop.
Scanner compatibility between MC-6300 and MC-6400 (M3 Green)
Application developed for 6300 works in 6400 except scanner.
6300 Scanner : SW Decoder
6400 Scanner : HW Decoder
Those two models have different scanner engine and decoder type. Hence, application and dll are not compatible.
6300 Scanner : SW Decoder type differentiation
My Device -> Flash Disk -> Scanner
M3ScanTest, ScanEmul are included in the scanner folder.
6400 Scanner : HW Decoder
My Device -> Flash Disk -> Scanner
M3Plus_ScanEmul, M3Plus_ScanTest are included in the scanner folder.
l Technical Issue: FAQ
M3 FAQ list is uploaded in the M3 Technical Support website: http://support.m3mobile.co.kr
MM3 Key Customization
MM3 has 8 customizable keys as shown in the figure below.
There are 3 ways to customize the keys:
1) Using Windows Mobile GUI,
2) Using VisualINI
3) Editing M3.INI,
1. Using Windows Mobile GUI
Those keys can be customized as the following (screenshots are taken using 55-key version):
2. Using VisualINI
To use VisualINI, first you need to install it. VisualINI installation file is located in the Driver folder in the Flash Disk as shown in figure 3.1. To install VisualINI, just click on the file. You must soft reset the device after the installation.
Then, you can find StartUp icon at Start → Settings → System as shown in figure 3.2. Tapping the icon will bring up the screen as shown in figure 3.3. From figure 3.3, go into MM3SideKey window for key customization. MM3SideKey customization window is shown in figure 3.4.
(3.1) (3.2) (3.3) (3.4)
Note that from figure 3.4, SHIFT and ESC drop down menus are disabled because the screen shot is take using MM3 with 55-key keypad. If 41-key version is used, BACKSPACE and TAB will be disabled and SHIFT and ESC fields are activated.
3. Editing M3.INI
By editing M3.INI file, you can customize the keys as well. M3.INI is located in the StartUp folder in the Flash Disk of the Device. To edit the file, you may require copying the file to your PC.
If you open M3.INI file, you will find the following section:
// MM3 SideKey
// Function : 0:None 1:Default 2:SIP ON/OFF 3:VK_APP1 4:VK_APP2 5:VK_RETURN 6:VK_CONTROL
// 7:VK_SHIFT 8:VK_ESCAPE 9:Launch Program1 10:Launch Program2 11:Launch Program3
From the file, change the value of Install to 1 and assign a value according to the function to each button as you like. Then, copy the modified M3.INI back to the StartUp folder. Customization will be applied after soft reset of the device.
How to update OS via USB Downloader (M3 SKY, MM3)
1. Download the USB_Downloader and OS update file on your PC.
2. Copy the rndismpy.sys and usb8023y.sys files (in USB_Downloader-> USB drive) to on your PC in this path (Windows\System32\Drivers).
3. Turn off the device (The device power will be turned off by pressing the ‘Power button’ for ten seconds.)
4. Press the right arrow key together with Power button. [MBOOT MENU] will be displayed.
5. Please select Update -> TFTP Update à select the requested updates.
6. On the screen ‘Waiting for USB connect…’ will be displayed.
7. Please connect the device to PC via USB cable.
8. Now the PC will detect NEW hardware.
9. For install driver you have to browse the Folder in USB_Downloader -> USB Driver. The driver is called ‘RNDIS_PXA270.inf’
10. Turn off the device (The device power can be turned off by pressing the ‘Power button’ for ten seconds.)
11. Press the right arrow key together with Power button. [MBOOT MENU] will be displayed.
12. Please select Update -> TFTP Update à select the requested updates.
13. On the screen ‘Waiting for USB connect…’ will be displayed
14. Please connect the device to PC via USB cable.
15. On your PC Network Connections -> MobileCompia Network -> Properties
16. Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) -> Properties
17. To set IP: 10.0.0.5 / Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
Ⅱ. How to upload the OS
1. USB_Downloader -> Run the TFTPClientV1.4.exe
2. Image file: select new image file. (OS / BOOT / SPLASH)
3. The device should be turned off first. Press the right arrow button and keep pressing. Press the power button briefly. The [MBOOT MENU] will be displayed.
4. Update ->TFTP Update -> selects the requested updates.
5. The upload is ready to proceed, when you see the message ‘Update process is ready’ on the TFTP Client.
6. When you see above message, press ‘Start’ to begin the upload process.
Notice: In this procedure, please don’t remove power or Ethernet
|PREV||Volume No. 10|
|NEXT||Volume No. 8|